The SpotlightOnLaw murder scenario
What really happened (In my view)
In Article #5 of the series, we are looking at a scenario based on fact, of what could have happened between Jodi and Travis especially on June 4th, 2008. After that I list 30 things you must believe in order to believe that Jodi Arias is NOT guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder.
What was really going on in the “relationship”
Jodi Arias did in fact try to intimidate and chase away Travis’ girlfriends and she did monitor his activities and keep tabs on what he was doing in any way she could. Her brief romance / relationship with Travis failed and he returned to or continued to, as always, look down other avenues.
Jodi Arias did in fact catch Travis having intimate communications with other women at the end of June, 2007. Travis would have called it quits there. The relationship having failed, here comes Jodi Arias trying to go ahead with plans for something that had already failed, a key personality feature of Jodi Arias.
Jodi Arias thought the distance would work for her because it would make Travis long for her and he would have to go on trips with her in order to have sex. Travis spent way too much on these out of state trips and he had to chill down. Now, the trips had come to an end. Jodi Arias moves to Mesa, Arizona after she realizes that Travis might be getting sexual with other women. That was always her trump card, as Travis was trying to be a devout Mormon, but now, she wasn’t so sure.
Jodi Arias can fix things
Remember, Jodi Arias walked out on Darryl and the mortgage payments and bill payments and left him hanging, but even so, he feels very close to her. It seems that one can be up to their chin in muck that Jodi Arias caused and one phone call or one letter sweeps it all away, and the sun shines, the rainbow comes out, and sparkly unicorns appear.
More about what was really going on
Definitely Alexander and Arias had arguments and fights, definitely it was a tempestuous relationship, definitely it brought out the worst in Travis, and definitely he was violating all his own voluntarily agreed to morals, tenets and precepts of the LDS / Mormon religion. In addition, Travis had emotional problems, anger issues, intimacy issues, stemming from his childhood, and he did act out very inappropriately on plenty of occasions.
Jodi Arias was perfect for him at the time, even after he found out she wasn’t what he thought she was, because she was not demanding of that kind of intimacy and she put up with and even normalized his inappropriateness and his dark side. Jodi Arias turned out to be a wonderful petri dish for Travis Alexander. He could use her as a sounding board and experiment with her in all sorts of ways.
Travis Alexander felt at some point that he had been cured of his intimacy issues enough to continue pursuing a chaste Mormon girl, and he wanted to fall back on that. Jodi Arias was not going to allow that. She was not going to be Travis’ Personal Brigham Young University of kinky sex and secret intimacy only for Travis to use all these new found skills on another woman.
The religion angle
In spite Of Jodi Arias having read and remembered passages from the Book of Mormon, it is apparent from the trial that Jodi Arias was not interested in seriously pursuing the LDS Mormon religion or developing friendships within the church in any meaningful way.
Between July and December of 2007, in this six month period, there were various back and forths, sexual dalliances, while Alexander was dating another woman (Lisa Andrews – Daidone). Intense Psychological Processes are involved here. This is Travis (heavy build, strong personality, dominant) representing Jodi Arias’ father who had abandoned her emotionally, in Jodis’ mind, for a younger girl – her younger sister, Angela.
Travis’ former girlfriend, Lisa Andrews Daidone, ended up marrying a friend of Travis’ roommate Zach Billings
The other thing in Jodi’s mind is she always feels both big and important, beautiful, powerful and sophisticated and at the same time she also feels, small and insignificant, ugly, powerless, and crude. This is why she has such a difficult time with her mother, as she sees in her mother what she does not want to see in herself. Not to say that Sandy Arias actually encompasses these negative qualities, but she does in Jodi Arias’ mind. This explains the constant berating of the mother and the correcting of everyone’s grammar, etc. The third thing in Jodi’s mind is she had been betrayed / cheated on twice before and she wasn’t going to let that happen again
Following through on a plan that had already failed
So there is this going back and forth of Jodi Arias monitoring Travis’ activities, fearing abandonment, trying to get him to turn back towards her, making her feel bad about herself, feeling like she had sacrificed a lot for this relationship, and at the same time trying to put the pieces back together after it had already failed. This is very different than what’s going on in Travis’ mind. He’s is going along with it and taking what Jodi Arias is dishing out, and he’s happy to get the sex, but he’s not thinking too much of it and he’s still pursuing his other romantic interests.
The trips reveal the relationship
The Havasupai / Grand Canyon Trip shows perfectly the Arias Alexander relationship: insecurity – dissatisfaction – jealousy – anger – misunderstanding – arguing – yelling – drama – the silent treatment – the trip – forbidden and secret sex – closeness and re-establishing of all those peak emotions. Look at the photo. This was right after the sex after a morning of arguing and then the silence treatment. This trip is the whole relationship in a nutshell.
Jodi Arias stated she was wearing a “tank top” on the day of the killing. I believe the blouse above may be the tank-top she wore, as this seems to have some important meaning for her and is dark in color.
Alyce LaViolette was right about the above cycle in Travis and Jodi’s relationship, but wrong about the cycle being about physical abuse.
Prior to 2006, Jodi Arias had a wonderful relationship with Darryl Brewer, seemingly free of problems. I believe this was due to stability. Darryl brought lots of structure and stability to Jodi Arias’ life. A person with her Personality Disorder needs this in order to thrive. When she started her pursuit of Travis and all the things she thought she was missing out on, she began to destabilize. This continue to get worse and worse, until it hit the breaking point.
In late 2007, after a big blowup with Travis, Jodi cries on the phone to Matt McCartney, and Matt calls Jodi’s Mom, saying she needs help and she may may be BiPolar. He thought that because she was really freaking out uncontrollably.
January 2008 and Travis’ big plan
By January, Dan Freeman is threading the needle between his two friends, Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias. I suspect Arias kind of wheedles out of Freeman what Travis is up to. (Someone should check to see if there are any phone records between Jodi Arias and Dan’s younger brother Josh. Apparently Jodi was getting inside information from somewhere).
Dan and Jodi continued to be friends and Jodi is friends of the Freeman family, while Travis is going to Dan Freeman and confiding in him about Jodi Arias.
Every year, Travis makes a long list of goals and his strategies for achieving those goals. Among his top goals for 2008? End it totally with Jodi Arias.
Travis tells Daniel Freeman he is intending to get rid of Jodi Arias totally by the end of January. He is evidently unsuccessful. No doubt there were large arguments and lots of drama, but whether Travis started getting physically violent with Jodi Arias, we don’t know. There is no evidence whatever of it, however.
The Lisa Andrews and Mimi Hall tug of war
Travis is not successful in getting rid of Jodi Arias, and there are some big tugs of war involving Travis, Jodi, and Lisa Andrews Daidone all the way through February. Maybe Jodi Arias will expose Travis’ escapades to his other women and the LDS church, maybe they can somehow end it amicably. After February, Lisa Andrews has had it with Travis (mostly because of all the problems with Jodi) and she stops seeing him. Jodi Arias has won. But then, Travis moves on to Marie “Mimi” Hall in April, 2008. Hey, that’s the same time frame that Jodi Arias left Mesa, Arizona. Imagine that?
Jodi Arias has to start all over again. No doubt the Mimi thing, coupled with Jodi Arias running out of funds and employment culminated in her breaking down, and asking her mom for help. Travis is pulling away and he’s becoming stubborn and losing patience with the entire Jodi Arias “thing”. A plan is made for Jodi Arias to move back to Yreka to recoup and regroup. All this in the midst of fighting and yelling with Travis, a continuing of the monitoring of his activities and a invasion of privacy, and Travis even flipping Arias the double bird from his front steps as she threatens to leave.
Arias tries to minimize Mimi Hall, but somehow, I get the feeling she knew everything that was going on. How she got the intel (hacking into e-mails and facebook, or from an informant in Mesa, or both, no one knows).
Arias tries to keep fires burning with Alexander from a distance
Jodi Arias’ Mom gets in contact with Jodi and offers to help her move home. Jodi Arias reluctantly agrees. This is when Sandy Arias comes down to Arizona and they get a U-haul. A lot of her stuff is Stored at Travis’ house, so that gives her a reason to try to continue to be close to Travis. She offers to buy his BMW on credit, and this is where she hooks it up wrong and blows the engine. On the way up to Yreka, she visits Gus Searcy, who gives her the Helio phone with the recording function and she visits her half-sister
Maybe Jodi Arias thought the increased distance would bring them back together, maybe she just wanted to end things amicably, maybe she knew this relationship was just too volatile, who knows?
There seems to be a sort of dueling banjos as Travis starts blogging, and Jodi Arias tries to harmonize with or outdo him. He blogs, then she blogs. Apparently, a few of their phone calls devolve into phone sex. Jodi Arias is constantly trying to arrange a meeting between the two, but Alexander is trying to avoid this.
“May 2, 08- EX 392-Text about Little Red Riding Hood
May 2, 08- EX 391- Long nasty text about photo shoots and sex
May 3, 08- A few texts where Jodi is hooking up with Ryan Burns
May 10, 08- Phone Sex Tape
May 10, 08- EX 495- Jodi admits to JM that she used the term “fuck you” on this day.
May 10, 08- EX 448-The text message about Steve Carrol
May 10, 08- EX 425, 426, 427-Breast pictures. (These were not shown in court) but they are pre surgery breast pictures before Jodi’s surgery in June 06
May 10, 08- Jodi posted the last entry to her blog. It reads, in part: “I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment.”
May 11, 08-EX 499- The text where Travis tells Jodi she looks beautiful in her photos
May 15, 08- EX 452- The picture of Jodi and her sister with the blondish highlights
May 16, 08- EX 406- Long email that Jodi wrote to Travis
May 18, 2008-Travis makes a blog post titled “Why I want to marry a Gold Digger“
May 19, 08- EX 399- The poem Jodi wrote to Travis
May 22, 08- Jodi says on the stand that she changed her passwords to all her accounts.
May 25-26, 08- EX 450- The text where Travis calls her a sociopath.
May 25 to 26 Jodi says she remembers that night very well! She called Travis about the pedophile pamphlets she sent him and Travis got upset. They had phone calls and text messages over the fight.
May 28, 08- Jodi’s grandparents home is robbed. A gun is stolen
May 28, 08- Jodi tells JM that this is the date she found out Travis was taking MiMi to Cancun. (She admitted this on Day 3 of JM’s cross of Jodi)
May 31, 08- EX 506 & 507- Jodi’s bloody finger she cut at work, then took pictures with her cell.
May 2008- Jodi answers the jury questions and says this is when Travis “hit her in her car.”
June 08- Travis mentions to a friend that Jodi hacked his facebook account
Jodi Arias is very unhappy that she helped Travis edit his first chapter for his intended book called Raising You. Instead, Travis gave editing credit online to his friend Katie Barnes (possibly his newest love interest), although Jodi claimed that 3 women helped him (Travis’ spelling and some grammar were atrocious).
From the sex tape, you can see it is very evident that Travis is being very gracious yet balking at any mention of the two getting together. This is early May. Then we have the giant fight. Travis is unmovable and he wants Jodi Arias to admit she lied to him or to never speak to him again. She will not admit it, and she is now in a quandary. In spite of trying every manipulative trick she knows, Travis wouldn’t budge. Six hours later, it was the end. Travis had achieved his goal of ending it totally with Arias, albeit in a very messy and hurtful way. Jodi Arias was left broke, humiliated insulted, and made a fool of. It was beginning to burn in.
A plan of revenge
Sometimes I think, as many others do, that Jodi Arias may have commenced stealth hostilities against Travis starting in April 2008, when she was forced to move back to Yreka, or even sooner, in March 2008, after Travis Alexander confessed he had been seeing Lisa Andrews the entire time Jodi was living in Mesa, or even before that, in July 2007, after Jodi believed Travis had cheated on her.
No doubt that there is a direct relationship to the words spoken on that day, and Alexander’s murder. This was the real motive and the reason he died, I believe.
Two days later the gun is stolen from the grandfather’s home where Jodi is staying, and ASAP, Jodi Arias finds her way to Mesa. It’s difficult to tell whether they had sex or not. Probably. It seems that Jodi Arias threw it at him in every way she could.
Some people think that Jodi stole a chef’s super-sharp butcher’s knife from her work, and I think that’s probably true. She did not take anything out of Travis’ house that was his if she could avoid it, and I think the same goes for the knife and gun. I do not think she would risk leaving the murder knife in Travis’ dishwasher, etc. She brought them to the house and she took them away with her, in my opinion.
“Diversion to Mesa”
Arriving AT 4 am, Jodi Arias either parks the car in the garage and at some point, or backs it into the driveway. The front license plate is already off, and she removes the rear license plate. Now what I’m thinking is that Jodi Arias took off the front plate in Pasadena, like she said. But she wouldn’t risk turning the rear plate upside-down. The knife is in her purse. Before she arrived, Arias probably removes the gun from it’s place taped up under the hood in the rental car, and dumps in two of the cans of gas. The gun goes in her purse as well. She may have bought ammo for the gun and she may have practiced firing it with Matt McCartney, before they went out to Karaoke. Somehow it is very important to Jodi Arias that both former boyfriends participate in this murder in some way, in my opinion.
They go to sleep soon after Arias shows up, and in the morning, Jodi plays with the camera to put Travis at ease.
Understanding Jodi a little better now, it’s entirely possible that she got to Travis’ and he was already asleep. She fooled around on his computer for a while, looking at what he was looking at, or maybe just looking at stuff she found herself., then she just snuck in his bedroom. She did note that Travis was cleaning the floor and had moved chairs on top of the couch, etc.
The camera comes into play
I did note that the case for the camera was near the beanbag chair in the upstairs loft area. I’m thinking she grabbed it out of Travis’ office before he awoke, and she was messing with it (ie Looking through the pictures, etc.)….
….. at the beanbag chair in the hallway outside his bedroom. Alexander is surprised but playing along. He joins in the fun, but takes photos that are more revealing of his attitude towards Arias.
I believe Jodi and Travis hung out and ruminated over the good times, while Jodi continued to try to see when they could get together again. I think Travis either balked at this or led her on. Around 5:00 PM, Travis mentioned he had to get back to work and Jodi should get on with her trip. I think she packed up and may have been having cold feet about killing Travis. I think Travis was getting ready to take a shower when Jodi Arias brought up the idea about taking the photos in the shower. Travis reluctantly agreed to it as doing so was the best way to eventually get rid of her. He figures he’ll just delete the photos after she leaves.
Alternatively, she may have asked Travis to take the photos and he refused. she may have gone out to get in her car to leave as Travis went into the shower. Then in the garage, she hears the hot water heater kick on and she knows he’s in the shower. She turns around and heads up the stairs into Travis’ bedroom and she grabs the camera.
Arias carries out the plan
I think at that point she made the most fateful decision of her life, She grabbed the camera and went into the bathroom. She just started taking photos of Travis, who was oblivious to her being there. When he finally noticed she forced or charmed him into sitting down in the shower enclosure, They had a very emotional conversation when Jodi Arias became overwhelmed and shot him aiming at his head from behind him. Travis had no idea what had just happened to him. When he came to, he was dizzy, bleeding and in pain and shock. He crawled out of the shower and this is when Jodi Arias flailed back and hit the button on the camera, taking the ceiling shot.
She stepped back, blocking the exit and she may have put the camera down on the floor by the linen closet. Jodi watched Travis writhing around in pain on the floor. With the exit blocked, Travis may have realized it was Jodi who did this and he may have tried to lock himself in the toilet room. Jodi Arias may have kicked Travis at this point.., leaving the blood spatter on the door frame of the toilet room.
Travis wasn’t dying, he was continuing to move, he is confused about what was happening to him. He was trying to get up on his feet and perhaps get a towel off the rack. There is blood spatter high on the blinds on the window by the bathroom scales. That could be Travis flinging the blood off of his hand or Jodi striking him with something, or it could be from Jodi cleaning up later. The gun isn’t firing again, Travis is not dying, he’s getting to his feet. Jodi needs another weapon. A real sharp knife form the restaurant may have been in her purse. She goes to her purse or to the kitchen to get a knife, leaving the camera on the floor.
This is when Travis is able to get to his feet and get to the sink. At some point he slipped and fell or collapsed and wound up on his back. Here Jodi Arias re-enters the bathroom with a sharp butcher knife and steps in front of Alexander, stepping on or kicking the camera she set down earlier, taking the foot photo, She lunges down and strikes sending the knife deep into his heart. He blocks the next few strikes with his hands, incurring deep wounds.
Travis suffers more stabs including a deep stab to the abdomen. This is when he flips over and tries to protect himself. Arias shifts over him and strikes at his back over and over. Travis gets up all the strength he can muster and manages to slowly scurry away. As he struggles down the hallway, Joid Arias is stabbing at him all the way. He’s trying desperately to get out of the bathroom.
Jodi Arias follows striking him in the back of the head and neck and his upper back. She is still stabbing at him as Alexander tries to get to his feet shouts that he can’t feel his legs and collapses into the wall right near the carpet. Jodi Arias straddles him as he continues to struggle, getting onto the carpet area. Jodi Arias cannot allow him to get out of the bedroom or mess up the carpet and she cuts his throat.
Covering her trail
Alexander is continuing to bleed out, the blood is blocking her escape. In a typical Jodi Arias move, she grabs him by the arms and spins him around pulling him down the hallway and back into the shower, as was the original plan. Doing this, she kicks the camera and it takes the “baseboard photo”. She uses water and a towel to clean the floor of footprints and excess blood, she deletes the photos. Jodi Arias gathers up the gun and knife and some bloody clothes and she finds some plastic bags. She showers over Travis, to remove her blood from his body, and she puts on clean clothes.
She goes down to the laundry. Earlier in the afternoon, Jodi and/or Travis brought the bed sheets down and threw them in the washer. That cycle had already finished. She throws the sheets in the dryer and throws the bloody clothes and towels in the wash. She grabs the camera, looks at it for a while, then dumps it in the water of the washer.
Knowing that water killed her old cell phone, she expects the water to kill the camera. besides, her prints are all over the camera in blood.
Jodi Arias loads up the car quickly in the darkness of the garage or in the driveway. She puts the back plate on hurriedly, but puts it on upside-down. She waits for a while, then she’s off on her way. Jodi Arias scoots almost all the way out of Arizona using the remaining gas in the gas cans, and she finally calls Leslie Udy, Ryan Burns, and Gus Searcy to re-establish her alibi. Leslie tells Jodi she called Travis but only got his voice mail. This is when Jodi Arias gets the idea to call Travis and leave a message. The message is so strangely carefree and even done in a joking manner.
She feigns surprise and sadness when Travis’ body is found, 5 days after she thought it would be discovered. Jodi Arias goes to the memorial service, goes to the Police with friends and voluntarily submits to fingerprinting and DNA swab tests. Then they all go for a ride past Travis’ house. Jodi posts a memorial to Travis on her MySpace.
A funny thing here is that you can tell that Jodi is out of touch with Travis, because Jodi posts Travis’ comedy video of Eddie Snell’s “Possum balm” (instead of “Tiger Balm”), but she lists it as “Eddie Snell’s Paustenbalm”, proving that she has no first hand knowledge from Travis of this event. She is just going by phonetics.
She contacts Detective Flores and assists him in his investigation, calling him daily. After the DNA, the prints and the recovered photos all point to Jodi Arias, she’s indicted by a Grand Jury and Arias is arrested and interrogated, giving the intruder story, after first giving a flat out denial. Detective Flores and Detective Haney both suggest she contact Travis’ family.
The letter Jodi Arias wrote to the family, as her stories in the interrogation, were all about Jodi Arias, and hardly about Travis Alexander at all.
And this brings us to the present day.
The turning off of the cell phone, removal of the front plate and possible flipping of the rear plate, and the filling of the gas cans all at Pasadena makes this much more than a chance or casual connection. Jodi Arias is clearly trying to create the impression she got on the I-15 highway from Pasadena to Las Vegas on her way to Ryan Burn’s home in West Jordan, Utah. This is why she keeps the Walmart receipt from Salinas, because it helps with her alibi, even as it hurts her with the purchase of the 3rd gas can.
What next for SpotlightOnLaw?
I think I will move on to other cases, old and new. There are many interesting cases out there and so little really written about them. It’s always good to try to bring a lot of different information about a case all together in one place.
What about Jodi’s Supporters?
I hope Jodi Arias will retain her good supporters and gain some new support. I can support her as far as wanting her to be treated humanely and fairly. I will support her efforts to win an appeal, but I don’t see how she could prevail in a new trial and convince all twelve jurors to give here a better outcome. Outside of this speculative scenario, I have tried to stick with the established and provable facts. I have deliberately avoided educated guesses, half-truths, speculations, and theoretical possibilities.
I challenge any reader to name one fact we mentioned in this set of articles (or anywhere on this blog), that is wrong, mistaken, or mere speculation. I have to go with the facts, and this is what the facts say. Jodi Arias is where she belongs and she’s proven it many times over with her behavior since the start of the trial.
What punishment does Jodi Arias deserve?
In spite of what she did, I don’t wish her spending her natural life in prison. This to me was a heat of passion domestic homicide, augmented by a very destabilized state of mind. I hope she gets out some day after getting the healing and therapy she needs. I think I have fought for her in every way I could. I’m not disappointed that I advocated for her. In spite of what she did, there is only one person, male or female, on Death Row, with a fact pattern anywhere near that of the Jodi Arias case. That person is Isiah Patterson, who really shouldn’t be on Death Row either, in my opinion.
This was a man who chased his wife naked out of their apartment building and stabbed her to death in front of eye witnesses, then coldly walked back into the apartment after calling her a whore. That’s not enough for the death penalty, in my book, and neither is this. This is biblical law Arizona style, and it’s disgraceful. This only brings all Arizonians down to the level of an Isiah Patterson or a Jodi Arias.
Reversal of the conviction possible?
I really do hope she gets the reversal, even though I feel there is no way she can get a better outcome, whether it’s 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or a complete acquittal. But an unfair trial is an unfair trial, and I know one when I see one, and this was one. I’m happy for the Alexander family that there was no death sentence. That would have dragged this on for decades, and Jodi Arias would have become the victim and the spotlight would be on her for years and years and years to come. This all would have continued to only about her.
SJ and JAII’s support of Jodi Arias
I hope Simon Johansson packs up and gets out of the Jodi Arias biz, as he is a very bad representative of Jodi Arias or anyone, for that matter. The hard core “fans” surrounding him need to come to their senses and realize that this case is exactly what it looks like.
Even Supporters will realize the truth
If I do any more Jodi Arias projects, the one at the top of my list is to debunk the articles of the only ones left who have some form rationality. I won’t bother with the rest.
Little by little and more by more, people will see the truth, no matter what side they’re on. Supporters who stand by Jodi Arias should know that she’s gonna have the same address for decades to come. It’s gonna be a long ride, so settle back, people.
30 things you MUST believe in order to believe Jodi Arias is
NOT GUILTY of
First Degree Premeditated Murder
So let’s evaluate and review: In order to believe that Jodi Arias is not guilty by reason of self-defense, one has to believe all this
1) Two days After Arias has a fight with Travis Alexander on multiple methods of communication lasting over 6 hours, someone else breaks into Arias’ grandfather’s home, where Jodi Arias is staying, and steals a .25 caliber gun, ignoring other things of much greater value.
2) The Monday after this huge argument, which is the end of the work week for Arias, she just happens to decide to go on a week long vacation, even though she just started the job and has very little money.
3) She just happens to decide to see a number of people who live south enough in California to bring her into close proximity to Arizona.
4) A friend’s baby (Darryl Brewer’s sister Laura) she wants to photograph in the Los Angeles area, the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, a place in the “1,000 places to see before you die”, are some of the lame excuses Jodi Arias gives for continuing South another 319 miles (I was waiting for Laura to call me back, etc.), when Arias could have continued from Monterey / Salinas on to Utah via I-80 near Sacramento.
5) One would have to believe that even though Jodi Arias had no plan other than a vague mention of Death Valley, to go into remote desert areas, and even though her whole trip is on the Interstate highway system, that Jodi Arias makes a point of making sure Darryl Brewer had two gas cans for her before she left for the trip, and 30 minutes after securing those gas cans, she decides she needs a third can, but this is all happenstance. Three is better than two. A young woman is afraid for her safety, so she drives in the southwest in the summer with 3 full gas cans in the trunk of her car, because she might ‘go somewhere in the desert’?
6) Even though she claims she was thinking about a trip to Death Valley, one of the “1,000 places to see before you die”, her phone calls to Darryl reveal she needs those gas cans much more than merely just thinking about it. Pasadena to Death Valley is 259 miles and Death Valley to Las Vegas is 150 miles for a total of 409 miles (1 gas tank full). There are plenty of places to get gas in between.
7) You have to believe that Jodi Arias, who had been calling Travis Alexander throughout her trip, suddenly decided to go see him on a whim, and left her new love interest she planned to see, hanging. If you believe that, please see the next and final article of the series.
8) You have to believe that Jodi Arias had to fill those cans in Pasadena instead of anywhere else further South or West by happenstance, and not just because Pasadena was right at the beginning of I-15 to Las Vegas, the route Jodi Arias apparently wanted it to look like she took to West Jordan, Utah.
9) You have to believe that
– at that key point in Pasadena,
– where Jodi Arias is supposed to be traveling north west on I-15
– where she filled the 3 gas cans and filled her tank, giving her an extra 450 miles of range
– and a total range of 855 miles
just then is when either:
a) Jodi Arias’ battery on her phone ran out of juice and she misplaced her charger and she just didn’t have time to find it.
b) Jodi Arias decided to turn off her phone because she didn’t want Ryan Burns calling her and interrupting her or making her feel bad for not getting to West Jordan quicker.
c) Jodi Arias’ phone ran out of juice and she lost her charger and had to buy a new one.
Jodi Arias gave all three answers. “Take your pick”.
Total range Jodi arias needs to sneak in and out of Arizona (701 miles)
Total range Jodi Arias has with 2 gas cans (705 miles)
Total range Jodi Arias has with 3 gas cans (850 miles)
Estimated Distance, in theory, Jodi Arias traveled since filling up 3 cans in Pasadena (15 gallons x 30 mpg = 450 miles) + (11 gallons x 30 mpg = 330 miles) = (780 miles)
Distance Pasadena, CA to Mesa, AZ to Las Vegas, NV (701 miles)
Distance Las Vegas to Mesquite, NV (82 miles)
Total Pasadena to Mesquite, NV (783 miles)
Earlier, I had thought that Salinas was right next to Pasadena. I did not see the significance of all this until I checked it out carefully on a map. I didn’t realize that all these things Jodi Arias did that look like preparations All happened in Pasadena. I didn’t realize, until Brad Smith of Justda Truth pointed it out, that ok, maybe it’s possible that Jodi Arias can fit 2 more gallons into her car somehow, than everybody else, but in order to do that, the tank has to be completely and totally empty, which was so unlikely as to be pretty much impossible.
Pasadena is also where Jodi Arias’ license plate gets taken off the front of the rental car and magically gets flipped upside down on the rear of the car.
Jodi Arias is leaving from Pasadena at 9:00 PM (just happens to be just after dark) on a 386 mile, 5 and ¾ mile trip to Mesa, Arizona. This should easily get her there by 3 AM. Add the 1 hour time difference, and you get 4:00 AM, just as Jodi Arias stated.
10) You have to believe that Jodi drove all the way from Salinas, CA to the border of Arizona (530 miles 7 hrs 50 min) with no front license plate and an upside-down rear license plate and no one noticed. She drove all the way to Mesa, Arizona (692 miles, 10 hours 11 min) and no one noticed (someone beeping and pointing, the police, etc.)
11) You have to believe that both a 1 1/2 inch butcher knife and a loaded and cocked gun were within easy reach of the master bathroom, just by happenstance, on the one day that Travis Alexander decided to lunge at Jodi Arias and threaten to “kill her life”.
12) You have to believe that Travis Alexander would bend Jodi Arias over his desk and have sex with her when the bedroom is just upstairs and anyone could have come in the house.
13) You have to believe that Travis Alexander would agree to being photographed nude in his shower by Jodi Arias, when he is generally known to be very private about his showers and was not liking the idea in the past. By the way – anyone seeing these photos of a naked Travis in the shower, a supposedly devote Mormon, is going to wonder who was in the bathroom taking these photos of Travis, right? Why would Travis have wanted that? He wasn’t going to show those photos to nobody.
14) Additionally, do any of these photographs, with the possible exception of one, look professional?
15) Additionally who really takes a few photos, then discusses which to delete, takes a few more, then decides which to delete? Don’t people usually take a whole slew of photos and then delete the ones that they don’t want afterwards?
16) You have to believe that Jodi and Travis played sex games with a rope that was so long it needed to be cut, with a butcher knife, though the rope length used, the remaining rope, and any packaging the rope might have been in were never found (Brad Smith of Justda Truth came up with that on, too).
17) You have to believe that Travis Alexander, after all the restraint he showed in the major conundrums with Jodi Arias, flew into a rage and lunged out of the shower, slippery and naked, wet on a tile floor, trying to assault Jodi Arias.
18) You have to believe that Travis Alexander, naked and wet, would chase Jodi Arias around the bedroom instead of just finishing his shower.
19) You have to believe that Jodi Arias stopped running away from Travis long enough to climb up the shelving in the bedroom closet to get the gun, the same caliber as the one stolen from where she was staying just 7 days before, placed in the only area of the closet that was not thoroughly photographed. You have to believe that Jodi Arias, in a panic and emotionally stressed, climbed up on the shelf disturbing absolutely nothing in the closet whatever, including the bench right in the middle .
20) You have to believe that Jodi Arias, having never fired a gun before or hardly ever, by accident and under duress, aimed and fired at a moving target and hit Travis in the skull above his right eyebrow – by accident.
21) You have to believe that Travis, once shot in the face with a bullet that crashed through his skull into his jaw and caused profuse bleeding, nevertheless, shrugged it off, and continued his deadly attack.
By The Way, Jodi’s story of shooting Travis (“Oh crap” *) by accident and then the two of them falling to the floor in the back of the bathroom together, side by side – does that remind you of anything?
- Jodi Arias used the words “Oh, crap” to describe shooting Travis – a word that Travis specifically told Lisa Andrews that he hated and did not want her to use.
22) You have to believe that even after being stabbed with a deep wound to the heart, a deeper wound to the abdomen, 14 knife wounds to the back, and 12 other knife wounds, with his back and his neck and his head and his hands and his face all bleeding profusely, and after being down and bleeding in 2 other places in the bathroom, and after trying to get out of the bathroom and away from the other person, that Travis was still continuing to attack Jodi Arias and still posed a deadly threat to her.
Yet, Travis, as a Mormon, didn’t do drugs or even drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages.
23) You have to believe that Travis Alexander, with all those wounds and all that damage to his body and blood loss, still needed to have his throat slit to stop him and came after Jodi Arias in attack mode, covered in blood, with his chin tucked into his chest.
24) You have to believe that Jodi Arias remembers none of this after the gunshot until she is out of the state, – but she does, – but she doesn’t.
25) You have to believe that Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander on autopilot, and in that autopilot mode, remembered to delete photos, attempt to destroy evidence, clean the area of some blood and prints, and remove items from the scene, leaving only a few small drops of blood beyond the main crime scene.
26) You have to forget Jodi Arias’ description, at the interrogation, of Travis shot and bleeding and letting out a high pitched wail as he is crawling around on his hands and knees (“Travis was just ………. there.”), as well as her reporting of Travis remaining stationary on his hands and his knees.
27) You have to forget about Jodi Arias’ description at the interrogation, where she stated twice that after being shot, Travis was left there alone for quite some time.
28) You have to believe that in spite of claiming PTSD from the trauma of being forced to kill in such a gruesome way, that Jodi Arias went to Travis’ memorial service, took a DNA test, and then took a sightseeing ride back to Travis’ house and scene of the crime and also, she qualified for and purchased a 9 mm handgun.
29) You have to believe that the 9 mm handgun, which was hidden so well and so cleverly in her second rental car that is wasn’t found for over a week, was taped to the hood of the car with duct tape and was the first time Arias had ever concealed a handgun in a car in that way.
30) You would have to believe that in January, Arias helped Travis put away Christmas decorations which she said were stored in the attic, when she came back and caught him masturbating to photos / computer images of young children, when the lead detective said the attic was utterly empty.
>>>>>>>> If you are still skeptical, what would you think if you saw a photo from June 10th 2008 of an empty attic? If I saw that, that photo alone would prove to me this was a 1st degree premeditated murder. <<<<<<<<<<
31) You would have to believe that Arias, a person who complained about her hurt toe from June 4th to Travis’ family, sustained a broken finger from Travis kicking her in the ribs, yet she never mentioned it to anyone or took a photo of it or was able to produce any witness to verify it.
32) You would have to believe that Arias unintentionally and meaning well, wrote the letter she wrote to the Alexander family and made her remarks to the judge at her sentencing.
33) You must believe that the strikingly insensitive comments in both instances were just completely misunderstood by nearly everyone.
34) You would have to believe one or more of George Barwood’s theories:
a) The special, extra large gas can that Jodi’s rental car had but no one else in America had.
b) That Jodi was-making-bandages-for-Travis’-head-after-he-got-shot-when- Travis-suddenly-started-attacking-her-again-theory. Even though people in America do not make bandages and no evidence of home-made bandages was ever found.
c) That Travis-slipped-and-fell-in-the-hallway-and-landed-on-the-carpet-and-“bled-a-bit”, -before-getting-up-and-running-back-down-the-hall-into-the-bathroom-to-attack-Jodi theory. That,-therefore,-Travis-was-down-on-the-floor-bleeding-for-quite-some-time-now-in-three-(not just two)-different-places,-yet-this-was-still-self-defense theory.
d) The “4 gas can theory” (The Jodi-borrowed-2-gas-cans-from-Darryl- Brewer,-then-bought-a-3rd-gas can-immediately-returned-it,-then-bought-one (5 gallon)-or-two (2.5 gallon)-more-can(s)-in-a-fog-after-the-killing-theory).
35) You would have to believe that even though Jodi Arias wrote a letter to the Alexander family in July 2008, detailing how Travis Alexander abused and beat her, leaving bruises, that the reason she told the Ninja story to the authorities which completely absolves her of any responsibility for or any participation in the murder, that Jodi did this for the main purpose of protecting Travis Alexander’s reputation.
36) You would have to believe the prosecutor and the prosecution witnesses and the defense attorney and the jury and the media and the social media and judge were all in on the conspiracy to find Jodi Arias guilty of 1st degree murder and to get her the Death Penalty.
37) You would have to believe that Travis begged Jodi Arias to come to Mesa, Arizona and move to Mesa after they had broken up, even though Alexander was hot on the trail of other women.
38) You would have to believe that Deanna Reid and / or Chris and Sky Hughes are devious people and possibly murderers who wanted kill Travis Alexander and frame Jodi Arias.
39a) You would have to believe that this is the Travis we never saw:
39b) Fill in your own:
You would have to believe _______________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________.
By the way – In Estrella Jail, Jodi Arias called her first Boyfriend “86”, and he called her “99” (The secret agent numbers of Maxwell Smart and his partner).
40) Finally, you would have to believe that this guy, this guy who would sexually abuse young children as well as Jodi, the guy who choked Jodi to unconsciousness (Even though she said in the 48 hours interview: “I was never in fear of my life”), …
… the guy who kicked her in the ribs to the point of breaking her finger, body slammed her on solid tile, and continued to attack Jodi Arias and threatening to kill her, is the same person in the following video:
Okay, I promised you 30, but you got 10 bonus ‘things you would have to believe’, not including the one you were supposed to come up with. 🙂