By Rob Roman
The following are a breakdown of 20 “inconvenient truths” about the Jodi Arias trial. One, or some, or all of these facts are reasons why people think this was not a fair trial and why they do not support the verdicts in this case.
1) The media continues to broadcast as fact ideas that are incomplete facts, incorrect facts, speculations, and complete fiction.
2) The prosecution used incomplete facts, incorrect facts, speculations, and fictions to help secure the guilty verdict.
3) Given the actual numerous interesting and horrific facts of this case, there is no need to invent facts and pass speculation as truth other than a belief or fear that the true facts are insufficient to support the guilty verdict and / or the death penalty in this case.
4) Only one convict on death row in Arizona has received the death penalty under facts in any way similar to this case.
5) The order of injuries is crucial to deciding if this was a murder or self-defense. The way to determine what happened in the bathroom is to analyze the objective blood and crime scene evidence. No effort was made by the prosecution to determine what this evidence can show. The defense attorneys were not experienced in homicide forensics.
6) Juan Martinez is notorious for providing evidence and information to the defense counsel at the last possible moment. He has done this at other trials before and since this trial.
7) Some evidence presented at trial by the prosecution and logical conclusions drawn from evidence presented by the prosecution support the defense theory or dispute the prosecution theory.
8) Juan Martinez used contradictory arguments. He used the same but opposite arguments more than once to demonstrate guilt (Plenty of time for extreme cruelty to occur but not enough time for the defense theory to be true. Arias lied in her story because she said she turned her back on her attacker while jUAN also claimed that Travis turned his back on her.)
9) Juan Martinez has lied in capitol murder cases before. (example: Claiming that Robert Towery injected his victim with battery acid 20 years after this was proven to be false).
10) Juan Martinez used illogical arguments and fantasy to discredit defense witnesses.
11) Dr. Horn and Detective Flores changed their long held opinions and testimony on the order of injuries shortly before the trial.
12) There is substantial reason to believe that this change in testimony was deceitful and deceptive.
13) The death penalty aggravator called “especially cruel” in Arizona is vague and arbitrarily applied in order to apply a death sentence to selected defendants. Among these are poor people, minorities and media and political targets. Jodi Arias is all three of these. At least one juror made a specific comment about her race being a factor in her thinking.
14) Although many people believe that Jodi Arias lied constantly on the stand, many things she said during the trial and thought to be false were later proven to be true.
15) Although Juan Martinez and Doctor Horn were found to be honest, upright and believable, there is substantial reason to believe that both of these public servants lied at the trial to secure a guilty verdict.
16) There is no doubt that defense witnesses and potential witnesses were threatened and intimidated before, during, and / or after the trial. These defense witnesses include Gus Searcy, Lisa Daidone, Darryl Brewer, Alyce LaViolette, and Patricia Womack.
17) There is substantial reason to believe that witness intimidation was carried out by at least one member of the Alexander family, the Alexander friends, and Juan Martinez. (Examples: Gus Searcy received a threatening phone call warning him not to testify for the defense shortly after Juan Martinez released the list of potential defense witnesses to the Alexander family.
Juan Martinez shocked Lisa Daidone on the stand and the Alexander family by suddenly throwing a photo of the victim’s throat wound on the overhead. After this, Lisa Daidone blamed herself for Travis Alexander’s crude sexual behavior.
Alyce LaViolette was intimidated by Alexander family member Tanisha Sorenson after her testimony was complete. David Hall, a Mormon and friend of Travis Alexander, called Patty Womack a “crack head” on a major network. This is slander).
18) There is substantial reason to believe that some jurors were exposed to media information about the case, violated jury admonitions, and did not understand jury instructions.
19) There were two prior cases in Arizona, Maricopa County. One was a death penalty case and one was a second degree murder case. The death penalty case was dismissed and the murder conviction was reversed and also dismissed after it was discovered that the major reason both were indicted and prosecuted was due to the faulty, misleading and speculative testimony of Dr. Kevin Horn.
20) Many people blame Jodi Arias for the length and expense of the trial, the portrayal of Travis Alexander as having bad character, and the prolonged suffering of the Alexander family. In fact all these things were avoidable by a plea agreement or removal of the death penalty. These things exist because of the insistence of the prosecution and some Alexander family members on the death penalty, an unattainable goal in this case.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Unlike most blogs, ALL comments are accepted and will be posted.